Magento extension for UK address search and validation
- Adds UK address search and validation to address forms
- User billing address
- User shipping address
- User address book
- Allows for following address selection mode:
- Adds UK address finder to admin pages
- Sales new/edit pages
- Customer new/edit pages
- Address search and validation enabled for countries covered by the Postcode Address File
- Hides address search for non-UK territories
- API Key and other configuration scoped by website, store or view
- Continuous testing on Magento versions 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4
- Asynchronously performs checks if key is active and usable
- Checks if your API Key is currently usable before presenting your users with address search fields
- Allows regular address entry if, for example, your key runs out of balance or accidental misconfiguration
- Option hoists country selection above address fields
- Option populate company name based on address
- Option populate county field
- Administration Page
- Insert API Key credentials
Configure the plugin from your admin dashboard. Plugin configuration can be scoped specific to each of your stores.
Listed below are 3rd party Magento extensions we test against:
This extension can be retrieved using the following methods
For the Composer and Manual installation, when the extension is copied, you will need to run the final install steps
Install via composer with
$ composer require idealpostcodes/module-ukaddresssearch
This repository needs to be loaded into your Magento directory. The following directory needs to be present in your Magento codebase
app/code/Idealpostcodes/Ukaddresses you can retrieve the extension by the following methods:
Download and "untar" from our releases page
Git clone this project
$ git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/ideal-postcodes/magento.git
Git clone a specific version
$ git clone --branch <tag> -depth=1 https://github.com/ideal-postcodes/magento.git
Find us on the Magento Marketplace.
For the composer and manual installation methods, you will also need to execute the following commands to complete the installation:
magento module:enable Idealpostcodes_Ukaddresssearchmagento setup:upgrademagento setup:di:compilemagento setup:static-content:deploy -f
After installation is complete you will need to apply your API Key from your Ideal Postcodes account.
Please view our guide on creating an Ideal Postcodes account and enabling automated top-ups.
The administration page can be found at
Stores Menu ->
Services Tab ->
You can apply your API Key on the configuration dashboard as well as manage other configuration options. A free test balance is available on your first key, so you can test your extension before having to pay.
Enable or disable extension altogether.
The API Key is required to verify your account for address validation. This can be found on your account dashboard on ideal-postcodes.co.uk.
This will present a Postcode Lookup search box on your address forms. The user will be directed to type their postcode and select an address from a list.
This will enable Address Finder on the first address line on your address forms.
Fill the Company field based on selected address. Enabling this will ensure that the organisation name in your form is populated by the organisation name present at the address selected by the user (if one exists).
This will populate the region field with the county name. County data is no longer used in the UK to identify a premise. However, this can be enabled if you prefer.
This will hoist the country input field to the top of your address form. This is useful if your default country is not a UK territory - lifting the country field to the top of the address form means that the user will be presented with the correct search tools when they get to address entry.
Our UK search solutions will only be present on address forms where the selected country is a UK territory. When a non-UK territory is selected, our tools are detached from your form.